Permanent Collection

  • 1892
  • Height: 8 x 10 in.
  • Photograph

The hydriotic esplanade, designed like a pagoda, is visible along the riverbank. Guests viewed the river, aquatic life, and boaters from this unusual structure. When the Tampa Weekly Tribune newspaper reported on the property inventory in 1905, the hydriotic esplanade was among the 27 buildings on the grounds. This photograph was taken by O. Pierre Havens, a prominent photographer from Jacksonville.

2003-065-003-Ext(035)-(1).jpg

Images may not be copied or reproduced without permission of the HB Plant Museum.  High resolution scans are available for purchase.

Accession number: 2003.065.003