Believed to have been made for the 1889 Universale Expo in Paris. The artist, Jules-Charles Houry, rue des Colonnes -du- Trone, had an atelier for the decoration of ceramics in the second half of the nineteenth century. He created vases, urns, clocks, etc. with flowers in relief, of decorated faience. Over 50 years, he was paid by various expositions where he both exhibited and served as a member of the jury: London, 1862, Paris 1867, Vienna 1873, Philadelphia 1876, Paris 187, 1889, 1900, St Petersburg, Madrid, etc. The business moved to rue de Paradis."