In 1895, Mr. and Mrs. G. W. Bergner of Philadelphia checked into this three-room suite with hallway and private exit to the gardens.
Mrs. Bergner was delighted with this highly desirable suite with the lovely music room. She knew that Margaret and Henry Plant’s private rooms were on the far end of this same porch, and from this vantage point she could observe other guests rocking on the veranda or strolling in the park.
The carved Victorian double bed, directly under a minaret, was perfectly located to catch cool cross breezes. Mrs. Bergner appreciated the fine silk fabric on the sofa and chairs, as well as the Oriental carpets and original oil paintings.
Mr. Bergner preferred the Parlor Suite library room. It was a comfortable masculine spot to study paintings from the Paris Exposition, read books on Florida wildlife or enjoy the collection of Wedgwood jasperware.