Elaborate, ornate, heartfelt. These words capture the beauty of Victorian Valentines. Discover the history of these gorgeous keepsakes and create your own treasures at our virtual Victorian Valentine event. Participants are encouraged to personalize their Valentines - a special photograph, an old postcard, or a scrap of lace are all perfect additions!
Heather Brown, Curator of Education, will lead participants through various techniques for constructing valentines, including the use of color, texture, embellishments, as well as tricks to make cards pop up and move! Registered participants will receive:
- A link to join the program via Zoom. The link will be emailed a few days before the workshop.
- A Valentine Craft Kit available for pick-up at the Museum February 2nd-5th between 10 am and 5 pm
- A sweet treat to nibble while crafting.
by February 4th to receive your Valentine Craft Kit. Registration is $20 non-members, $15 members, $10 youth. Click here to register today!
Contact Heather Brown at 813.258.7302 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or to register.
Materials included in the Valentine Craft Kit:
- White and pink or red cardstock
- Patterned paper
- Lace doilies
- Tissue paper
- Textured embellishments and lace
- Stickers and vintage clipart
- Beads, buttons or “gems”
- Pipe cleaners
- Samples of original turn-of-the 20th century sayings of affection
- Materials to make pop-ups, hinges and rotating elements
- Elmer’s Glue
Participants will need to supply their own:
- Specialty glue
- Colored pencils, pens or markers
- Creative and fun attitude
Suggested crafting supplies:
- Personal clipart, photos or embellishments
- A beverage of choice to sip